Saturday, May 10, 2008

Like Some New Romantic Looking For The TV Sound

It's Duranmas Duranmas! On this day in 1982, Duran Duran's Rio was released and blah-blah-blah. Like I said. It's 80's Day.

Like I also said, pretty much every day is 80's Day for me, so I guess today I just have, um, an excuse. It doesn't matter, though, I don't really need one.

Anyway! I 'celebrated' early this week by doing something I hadn't done in a while: I watched The Running Man. You know -- Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Reality TV, Electric American Gladiators style? It's gleefully and unapologetically 1980s, plus it has fight scenes and TWO, count 'em, TWO state governors in it. Frankly the movie's not that great (it's nowhere as good as its spiritual cousin, the far-superior RoboCop), it has plenty of logical holes and I never have made up my mind on whether Maria Conchita Alonso is cute or not (I'm leaning toward 'only when her hair is down, but then only sorta'), but the flick is a fun one and you get to see a fat guy dressed up as an LED legionnaire.



Then, later, when he dies, his pants are down. Aces.

Anyway, I'll get back to posting stuff about gaming and so on pretty soon. I have some old Encounter Critical notes to put out. Meanwhile -- it's 80's Day!