Monday, June 18, 2007

Podcast Delays

WARNING: F-BOMBS AHOY!

I am using a free, but highly-recommended, audio editing program called Audacity.

Audacity's copy/paste features really need to have a face.

SO THAT I CAN PUNCH IT, REPEATEDLY, UNTIL THE FUCKER WORKS THE WAY I WANT IT TO, WHICH IS INTUITIVELY.

Look -- I don't ask for much. I just want to be able to copy a waveform, put my cursor a little further down the same track, and paste it at the cursor, so there are, say, TWO instances of that guitar sting on a single track. I don't want to drag the fucking thing around a thirty-minute project and create a new damned track every time I want a new damned bumper in my podcast.

Also, would it be too much to ask for a feature which allows me to cut a waveform into separate sections on the same track and drag those around?

I suppose...I suppose that it is.

Free, yes. Highly-recommended by download.com, sure.

Intuitive?

Fuck, no.

F-BOMBS OVER!