Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it. "

I was gonna post about my efforts to choose a system for this space adventure game I keep talking about, but...

...I'm not.

I'm not going to, because -- well, here.

The other day my daughter asked me if we could go out for a walk. I said yes, and off we went. Not a hundred feet from our house, she asked me to carry her on my shoulders, which meant that she wanted me to walk, but...I digress.

"While you're up there," I said to her, "Maybe you can help me with a problem."

"Okay," she replied.

"Well, I want to do this science-fiction game, see, and I'm having trouble picking a system." I told her which ones I was considering, and then asked, "Which one do you think I should use?"

"Fuzion."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"You sure?"

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Just 'cause."

So, in essence, I should worry less about what system to choose, and instead just pick one and go with it. No more dorking around with pro/con lists...no more deliberating. Just fun.

Instant Lightspeed it is. DONE.

Anyway, it made me think of that line in Duck Soup, and there's the title of this post. Taaaa-daaaah!

Man...I love that movie.

Mrs. Teasdale
Notables from every country are
gathered here in your honor.
This is a gala day for you.

Rufus T. Firefly
Well, a gal a day is enough
for me. I don't think I could
handle any more.