Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Love Spreads Like Butter

In a recent blog post, Ye Olde Evile DM mentioned a blog called "Musings of the Chatty DM". I went to check it out.

The latest entry was called "The Rule Of Cool", and it had a link to a cool website that I'll probably spend a long, long time reading if I ever have some time to my own damn self. Anyway, the author's choice of subject impressed me, because it's the same kind of thing I've been trying to say for close to a year now only in fewer words.

I see a kindred spirit in the dude when I read a passage like this one, from the aforementioned post:

Which basically makes me think that that my efforts as DMs should not so much be
on far-reaching World Building and tight nitpicking-proof plotlines and such. I
should go all out for encounters and role playing that will swamp my players in
coolness. Think combat on ice Bridges, negotiating the release of prisoners in a
flooding underground prison, hopping from floating island to pieces of flying
ruins in order to catch the thieves of the Star jewel of Radnia. Yeah, that`s
the ticket!
See? Fewer words.

I am grateful for every reader I have, and I don't know where I'd be without you guys mentioning I Waste The Buddha With My Crossbow to your cronies. I bet that Phil The Chatty DM would like it if the same thing happened to him, so I'm pointing at his blog and saying, "Dude, check that out".