Friday, December 03, 2010

ADD-1701

...dangit!

Look, man -- I don't know why, but for the last few days I've been feeling an itch to play a Star Trek RPG.

It may have to do with the fact that I've never played a Star Trek game before -- that makes it enticing, interesting, seductive.  A new experience.

I've picked out a set of the rules from the many, many, many available to me:  The FASA game from the early 1980s.

"...to boldly go to, uh...art school."

I sincerely think that "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the MicroLite20 variant, is totally aces.  I feel the same about Risus.  But somethin' in my blood tells me that it's this one.  Why?  Hell, I dunno.  All I know is that I want to run a Star Trek game in the TOS/TAS era, ignoring canon post-1978, and that the PCs would be the crew of an Antares-class ship -- in fact, the non-canonical Antares-class:


Armed with an OCR scan of the old rulebook, the Starfleet Technical Manual and LUG's Star Trek Narrator's Guide by some fulano name of J R Sauce or somethin' (WTF, right?) and my own...umn...let's just call it a "mania", I am ready to roll up some characters, put 'em on the above starship and start makin' stuff up.

My buddies would probably play; my wife, not so much.

Well, it's not like I'm playing anything at all these days...