Friday, February 16, 2007

Called Shot to the Dharma, +3 To Hit

I haven't posted anything in a long time, and here's why.

Mostly it's because I...couldn't think of anything, and I didn't wanna post for the sake of posting. That's how Battlefield Earth got made. No, I just couldn't articulate any gaming-related musings into blog-worthy material...and there's the culprit.

"Blog-worthy".

I set my standard too high, I think. When I started this blog, I got a lot of encouragement; it was described, at one point, as having one of the highest signal-to-noise ratios of the gaming blogospheretronweb. I don't recall who exactly said that, but I didn't wanna let that guy down. I tried to make all my posts as good as I could, and full of helpful ideas and stuff; every time I wrote one of those "A Brief Digression" posts, I felt like I was cheating.

That started to get boring. I was reaching for the brass ring again. Straining, really, makin' faces and everything. "Unnnngh! NNNNNGHHHH!" Getting nothing done.

I started to take it too seriously, and it's time to kill the Buddha again.

So...if no one minds, I'm gonna shift the focus of this here weblog a little bit, if at least for a while. Jeff Rients and The Evil DM seem to have a lot of fun talking about other subjects of geek love: comics, movies, toys, video games and, in The Evil DM's case, hawt chix. I'm thinkin' I might spin things that way for a while, perhaps minus the hawt chix, just because. I've been drawing lately amd it's been another fun struggle, so maybe I'll gab about that, too.

I don't envision hordes of fans out there, awaiting my next musing with bated breath, so I really don't think anyone will mind. But if you do, I will turn an open ear to the surge of your cries.